January 11th, 2016
The Ultimate Underground Tournament of Champions or U.U.T.C. is P.U.C.L.’s annual tournament that will consist of physical prizes for the top finishers. Anyone in the P.U.C.L. Community can join, the only requirement is that you have a puclpodcast.com account.
There is no longer a badge requirement for the U.U.T.C. However, instead the number of points you accrue on the website through Badges will affect your tournament seating.
The Winner of the U.U.T.C. will also be crowned the “Underground Champion” for that year.
This tournament will usually take place around the beginning of January of every year, and run until the rounds are over.
2014 Winner: AriaG
2015 Winner: WaveBomber
- You can register for the U.U.T.C. by registering on the site. The deadline for registration is 11:59 PM Eastern January 2nd. The first round bracket will be posted at 12:01 AM Eastern on January 4th.
- The tournament will be double elimination.
- The tournament bracket will be posted every Sunday during the tournament.
- All Battles for the current round must take place within a week of the tournament bracket being posted.
- Failure to complete your battle will result in disqualification from the tournament.
- All battles will be 6v6 single battles, that also apply the following clauses:
- Evasion Clause: No moves boosting evasion allowed (double team, minimize, etc.)
- Sleep Clause: Only one of the opponents pokemon may be asleep at a time.
- Species Clause: Only one pokemon of a national dex number may be used on a team.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
- Baton Pass Clause: Only one pokemon with baton pass is allowed.
- OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
- Moody Clause: No pokemon with the Moody ability is allowed.
- Swagger Clause: No pokemon with the move Swagger is allowed.
- Item Clause: A roster can not have more than 3 of the same item.
- A copy of ORAS is required.
- Team requirements
- All teams must obey the U.U.T.C. Banlist found here.
- You are allowed a roster of 10 pokemon throughout the tournament to choose from in your battles.
- You are allowed a maximum of two Mega’s on your 10 member roster.
- Your roster will be visible to all competitors. Only the species will be disclosed.
- Stats, moves, natures, items, and abilities will not be disclosed.
- Disqualification from the tournament will be done for the following:
- Not completing your battle within a week of the bracket being posted.
- Bringing a pokemon that is listed on the U.U.T.C. banlist
- Breaking a Clause
- Posting a battle video without the permission of your opponent.
- Revealing another competitors moveset without their permission.