M.U.T.T. (Mixed Ultimate Tiers Tournament)
The M.U.T.T. is P.U.C.L.’s Fall 2017 Tournament.
You can register for the M.U.T.T. by registering on the site at the link above. The deadline for registration is 11:59 PM Eastern October 7th. The first round bracket will be posted around 12:01 AM Eastern on October 9th.
The tournament will be single elimination.
The tournament bracket will be posted every Sunday or Monday during the tournament.
All Battles for the current round must take place within a week of the tournament bracket being posted; failure to complete your battle will result in disqualification from the tournament.
After the battle, please send the battle video to email@example.com for review and to potentially be featured on our YouTube channel.
All battles will be 6v6 single battles, that apply the following Smogon clauses:
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number on a team. For example, using a team with two Koffing would break this clause. Using different formes on the same team, such as Rotom-W and Rotom-C, also breaks the clause since they share the same Pokédex number (#479).
- Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokémon on his/her opponent’s side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can’t be put to sleep.
- Evasion Clause: A Pokémon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
- OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
- Moody Clause: A team cannot have a Pokémon with the ability Moody.
- Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
- Ability Clause: players cannot use the following Abilities: Power Construct, Shadow Tag, Arena Trap
- Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot use the move Baton Pass
- Mega Rayquaza Clause: Rayquaza is not allowed to Mega Evolve.
A copy of Sun or Moon is required.
Team requirements and rules:
Team composition is the way in which this Tournament differs from Smogon OU rules. Your team must consist of one Pokémon from each of the main Smogon Tiers: Uber, OU, UU, RU, NU and PU. For the purpose of this Tournament, the various BL Tiers count as being part of the Tier immediately above them (e.g. BL is part of OU and BL2 is part of UU).
If a Pokémon has a Mega Evolution, the Pokémon and its Mega Evolution may be placed in different Tiers, and team composition must keep that into account (e.g. Lucario is in BL2, so it would count as your UU Pokémon, but Mega Lucario is in the Uber Tier, so if your item on Lucario is Lucarionite, you must count it as your Uber team slot).
If the Pokémon you pick for your Uber team slot is Mega Gengar, you are allowed to use it and its Shadow Tag Ability in that slot, but the Ability Shadow Tag stays banned for the rest of your team. Similarly, if you bring a Zygarde with the Ability Power Construct to the M.U.T.T., Zygarde will be allowed in, but it will occupy your Uber Tier slot no matter what its initial Forme is.
The official Tier list for the purpose of this Tournament is here. Tier changes in Smogon that occur after the announcement of the M.U.T.T. will not have an effect on this Tournament.
Your Pokémon’s moves, items, nature, stats and abilities have to remain the same for the duration of the tournament.
Disqualification from the tournament will occur for the following:
- Not completing your battle within a week of the bracket being posted.
- Bringing a team that does not follow the team-building rules listed above.
- Breaking a Clause.
- Posting a battle video without the permission of your opponent.
- Revealing another competitor’s move-set without their permission.